‘We were a disgrace in the first half!’ – blasts Leiston boss Glenn Driver
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leiston boss Glenn Driver slammed his side for some shocking defending during tonight’s 2-2 home draw against Harrow Borough.
“It was a game of two halves,” rued Driver.
“We were a disgrace in the first half. We were just not good enough, with our passing and our movement. Our defending was atrocious, and a joke for their goals.
“You can’t defend like that and still expect to win football matches.
“But then in the second half I thought we came out and we gave a good show of ourselves. We got 2-1 up ,when we then needed leaders and characters to dig in.
You may also want to watch:
“Their second goal was just laughable. Their throw-in goes over Connor Hubble’s head, hits the floor and goes over Seb Dunbar’s head to falls to their fellow.
“Jack Ainsley doesn’t go to close the ball down, and it is crossed – Joe Francis goes to clear it and hits their fellow and trickles in!
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“We’ve conceded goals like that all season,” added Driver.