‘We were a disgrace in the first half!’ – blasts Leiston boss Glenn Driver
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Leiston boss Glenn Driver slammed his side for some shocking defending during tonight’s 2-2 home draw against Harrow Borough.
“It was a game of two halves,” rued Driver.
“We were a disgrace in the first half. We were just not good enough, with our passing and our movement. Our defending was atrocious, and a joke for their goals.
“You can’t defend like that and still expect to win football matches.
“But then in the second half I thought we came out and we gave a good show of ourselves. We got 2-1 up ,when we then needed leaders and characters to dig in.
“Their second goal was just laughable. Their throw-in goes over Connor Hubble’s head, hits the floor and goes over Seb Dunbar’s head to falls to their fellow.
“Jack Ainsley doesn’t go to close the ball down, and it is crossed – Joe Francis goes to clear it and hits their fellow and trickles in!
- 1 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 2 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 7 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 8 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
“We’ve conceded goals like that all season,” added Driver.