‘We were fantastic’ – Joe Dunne after Colchester United’s fine away win
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United manager Joe Dunne was delighted with his side’s fine 2-0 win at Oldham Athletic this afternoon.
A seventh minute own goal by Oldham left-back, Ellis Plummer, and a 31st minute tap-in by Jabo Ibehre sealed the U’s first away win sicne the opening day of the season at Gillingham.
Dunne enthused: “I thought we were fantastic today.
“We were outstanding, to a man.
“We spoke in the week about having the group back together, and this is the first time for a while that we have had competition for places.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a good response from the players (after last weekend’s 4-0 home defeat to Notts County). It’s something they had to do for themselves, and the fans.
“When you are a manager, you live and die by your sword, it goes with the terriotry. I just wanted the players to respond, which is what they did,” added Dunne.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move