“We were not good enough” – Colchester United boss Kevin Keen
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United manager, Kevin Keen, admitted that his side were not good enough following today’s 2-0 defeat at Port Vale.
The U’s slithered to defeat, conceding a soft ninth minute opener to Theo Robinson, and then leaking a second goal via Sam Foley’s 73rd minute header.
“There wasn’t too much to choose between the two teams in the first half,” explained Keen.
“The first half was very even, but in the second half Port Vale were the better team.
“In fact, I was disappointed with our performance today. We could have been sharper and brighter around the box.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought we were a little under par, and in the second half we were simply not good enough,” added Keen.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 7 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police