'We were superb in the first half'
I thought we were superb in the first-half. We just have to work out how to reproduce it in the second-half.We gave their defence a lot of problems. Chris (Iwelumo) got his goal and was immense all afternoon, while Richard (Garcia) produced a quality strike for his goal.
By Carl Marston
I thought we were superb in the first-half. We just have to work out how to reproduce it in the second-half.
We gave their defence a lot of problems. Chris (Iwelumo) got his goal and was immense all afternoon, while Richard (Garcia) produced a quality strike for his goal. He worked very hard, and we only took him off (midway through the second-half) because we want to give him the chance of a good, injury-free run. Richard deserves it after his history of injuries.
We were a lot better than QPR in the first-half. But we didn't keep it going, and once again the lads are disappointed that they didn't keep a clean-sheet. They are not happy, which is a good sign. It's a good attitude to have.
We have just had two tough away games, and the match at Luton took a lot out of the players, but that's no excuse for our second-half showing. We didn't use the ball well enough later in the game.
We need to learn to close out games. We were not intending to just sit on our 2-0 lead. We wanted to go for a third but it didn't quite work out like that.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
It's been a long week. We were playing well earlier in the season, despite all the defeats, but we have now learnt to win games. I'm delighted with 10 points from our last four games.
Dean (Gerken) came in and did a good job, which we knew he would. Aidan (Davison) injured his groin in training on Thursday. He could have perhaps have played at a push but there was no point in risking him, especially as we had every confidence in Dean. Geraint Williams
Today's performance was simply not good enough, and it's not good enough for this football club.
We have to show more passion and pride than what we showed today. We have to close down our opponents, but we didn't do that in the first-half.
Colchester were a handful, especially from set pieces. They caused havoc, but we should have handled it better. We paid the price.
My players showed the wrong attitude. If we don't show determination, when we're in a relegation dogfight, as we are now, then it doesn't look encouraging.