“We won’t be changing our routine” – ex-Colchester United marksman Scott McGleish
Wealdstone’s player-coach, Scott McGleish, the former Colchester United favourite, fancies the Stones’ chances of knocking the U’s out of the FA Cup this Saturday.
McGleish, 41, is looking forward to this weekend’s first round tussle against the League One visitors.
“We know that we have no divine right to win, but we think that we have a good chance, against a League club,” insisted McGleish.
“We’re at home, and that should be a big advantage. That helps us.
“No disrespect to Colchester, but we have been good at home, and we will have as big a crowd as Colchester usually get now.
You may also want to watch:
“We used to get 3-4,000 at Layer Road during my time at Colchester, and they don’t get too many more now.
“We won’t be changing our routine this week. We’ll be training two nights, as usual, there will be nothing different.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 4 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 5 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 6 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 7 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
“I’ve also called in a few favours, to get a few reports about Colchester, though I’ve not seen them play,” added McGleish, who is set to be on the substitutes’ bench against his former club.
n See today’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper for the full, in-depth interview with Scott McGleish