West Ham loanee Blair Turgott so happy with first ever senior goal for Colchester United
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Colchester United winger Blair Turgott was understandably elated to score his first ever senior goal, to set the ball rolling against Stevenage yesterday.
Flying winger Turgott bagged the opener after just 10 minutes in a 4-0 victory, in what was his full home debut since his loan switch from West Ham.
It was only the 19-year-old’s third outing for the U’s, following on from his full debut in last weekend’s 2-0 win at Oldham, and a brief outing as a substitute in the 4-0 home defeat to Notts County.
“It’s a great win for us. We got off to a good start and carried it through to the end,” said Turgott after yesterday’s cracking victory.
“We carried on from Oldham (2-0 away win), kept the same work ethic and the same quality.
You may also want to watch:
“It was good to get the goal, and it was good to start in front of the home fans.
“The boys got me through it well and I’m pleased with my performance.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Turgott, who has been on West Ham’s books since the age of eight, had a loan spell at Bradford last season, but did not score in 11 league and cup appearances.
Manager Joe Dunne said of goalscorer Turgott: “Blair is still not fully fit, but it’s good for him to break the ice in the Football League. I’m pleased for him.”
The U’s are back in home action this Saturday, against struggling Crewe Alexandra.