West Ham loanee George Moncur given FA Cup green light, but it’s a red light for Rhys Healey ahead of Colchester United game
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Colchester United manager Tony Humes will make at least two changes for this Sunday’s FA Cup first round tie at non-league Gosport Borough.
Right-back Elliott Hewitt was recalled by his parent club Ipswich Town at the start of the week, while striker Rhys Healey has not been given permission to play by his parent club, Cardiff City – the Bluebirds do not want him to be cup-tied.
However, Humes revealed, during this lunchtime’s press conference at Tiptree’s Florence Park, that West Ham have allowed loanee midfield George Moncur to play at Gosport.
“West Ham originally said ‘no’ to our request, but they have since said that he can play in the FA Cup for us,” said Humes.
Ben Gordon is set for a recall at left-back, following Hewitt’s return to Portman Road – Sean Clohessy will revert to right-back.
You may also want to watch:
Healey will be forced to sit out this weekend, but Alex Gilbey is available again after serving a one-match suspension in last weekend’s 2-1 home defeat to Port Vale.
Humes also looks set to make a further change to his defence, with centre-half Magnus Okuonghae expected to return after a hamstring injury.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 8 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 9 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave