West Indies bowler Tino Best signs for Mildenhall Cricket Club
- Credit: PA
Former West Indies international fast bowler Tino Best has signed for Mildenhall Cricket Club for the forthcoming season.
The 35-year-old from Barbados played 25 Tests, taking 57 wickets and a further 26 One-Day internationals, striking 34 times, for the Caribbean country, his last appearance coming in 2014, in a ODI against New Zealand – a month after his last Test appearance against the same country.
Best will stay at Mildenhall until the end of July, in the East Anglian Premier Cricket League, when he will return to his native Barbados for a stint in the Caribbean Premier League.
The West Indies man played for Hampshire last season in First-Class cricket and has also had a spell with Yorkshire.
After his return to the Test side on 10 June 2012, Best broke the record for highest score by a number 11 batsman, making 95 against England at Edgbaston.
However, in 2013, his record was surpassed by Australia’s Ashton Agar who scored 98.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005