West Suffolk AC ’s Holly Archer wins accolade in America for Mustangs
- Credit: contributed
West Suffolk Athletics Club’s Holly Archer, who is now based in America, has been named the ‘American Athletic Conference Women’s Track Athlete of the Week.’
Archer picked up the honour – her first career conference honour – after running an excellent season’s best of 2mins 9.26secs over 800 metres for the Dallas-based Southern Methodist University (SMU) Mustangs.
She posted the impressive time on her way to victory in the Bobby Lane Invitational, staged at Arlington, Texas.
Archer has the fastest time in ‘The American,’ and is ranked 11th nationally.
The senior athlete also ran the lead-off leg for the 4x400m relay team which held off Texas State at the finish-line to win in a season’s best time of 3:46.19, which is the second fastest in the Conference.
You may also want to watch:
Archer is the first Mustang to win ‘Track Athlete of the Week’ accolades this season, and the first since Stephanie Kalu received the honour in January, 2015 .
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year