What do Ipswich Town fans think of Norwich City’s new third kit?
- Credit: Archant
Designing football kits is a challenging business. How do you make something distinctive, stylish and, importantly, a must have item for any fan.
Many a club has had its fair share of utter howlers down the years, both in Britain and around the world, though rather than being truly dreadful most are a little questionable, off the wall, or just something you might raise an eyebrow to.
So where does the latest Norwich City kit fit in among the all time ranking of East Anglian footy strips?
Unveiled this morning, the club has a new third kit for 2016/17, apparently inspired by one of its most iconic shirts.
It is a white base flecked with lots of small, angular green and yellow shapes, a homage to the 1992-94 kit, according to the club’s head of retail Steve Balmer-Walters.
You may also want to watch:
“We really wanted to replicate this iconic kit using a white base to give the third kit a distinctive look,” he said.
“With the introduction of a new 3D crest on all of this year’s shirts, it has really moved us on from where we were and lends itself to the modern shirt. In particular, the new crest has added that ‘up-to-date’ feel to the classic-looking third shirt.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
“I hope the fans really enjoy the kit as much as we have enjoyed designing it. The design of the 1992-94 kit has definitely divided people’s opinions over the years, but it’s still one of the most recognisable Norwich City kits, so we wanted to create something similar.”
Divided opinion the old kit has, but has it left the club open to a bit of good natured ribbing from fans of other teams?
And is looking back the best way forward. As Ipswich fans, what do you think? Take part in our poll and let us know.