What does Ipswich Town icon Sir Bobby Robson mean to you?
- Credit: Archant
The football manager synonymous with Ipswich Town and Newcastle United will be celebrated by both clubs when they play each other in the EFL Championship on Easter Monday.
Sir Bobby Robson Day will honour the memory of the former England manager, who died in 2009, when Rafa Benitez’s side visit Portman Road on April 17 with the Suffolk club planning a host of special events.
Sir Bobby’s family will be guests of the Blues on the day while money collected from fundraising activities on the day will be donated to the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.
We are also planning our own special tribute to Ipswich’s longest-serving manager – and we’d like you to be involved.
We want Ipswich fans to give us their thoughts and memories of Sir Bobby at Town.
You may also want to watch:
Did you once meet him after a game or in the street? What do you remember of his teams and the success he brought to the club? Are you too young to remember him as Blues manager but have grown up with stories about his time at Ipswich and feel proud of his association with the team?
Whatever your thoughts, we want you to tell us what Sir Bobby means to you.
Email us here with a sentence or two about him, or let us know whether you’d be up for speaking on camera for no more than 30 seconds about the impact he’s had on you or your time as an ITFC fan.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
We’ll pick some of the best to be included in our online tribute for Sir Bobby Robson Day.