What they said
It was a great result for us. We started very well and got our just rewards in the end.At West Bromwich on Saturday we played well but did not produce an end product.
By Derek Davis
It was a great result for us. We started very well and got our just rewards in the end.
At West Bromwich on Saturday we played well but did not produce an end product. Against Birmingham we always looked as though we could score goals and were unlucky on a few occasions. We picked ourselves up after the defeat at The Hawthorns and showed great character.
I hope we can use this result as a springboard to play consistently well every week. On our day we are a match for anyone and the players are starting to believe in themselves.
You may also want to watch:
I'm really proud of all my players.
To beat the league leaders shows we can match anyone in this division. Alex was really determined to do well. He handled the match in a real professional manner and I was delighted for him. It was probably his best performance for us at right back, he defended well.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
Gary Roberts does things that other people don't and he gives us extra quality.
With the game coming so close after the West Brom match I didn't think I would be able to play as I'm still sore with my groin problem.
Fortunately the manager put me on the bench although the last thing I ever thought was that I would be scoring the winner.
It was such a great ball in from Gary Roberts that all I needed to do was get a clean connection, which luckily I did.
I'm sure his mother will be very proud of Alex and rightly so.
It was disappointing to lose to a goal in the last minute but Ipswich deserved their win and I have no complaints about the result.
We didn't have a cutting edge and didn't pass as well as we can do.
Ipswich were very good, the crowd were very good and we are going to have to get used to teams getting up to play against us for the next 19 games.