What they said
We got off to a good start but when it went to 2-1 it got a bit dodgy for us but in the end 5-1 was a fair reflection.We have had that bitter taste of defeat this season and the journey back from Barnsley was a particularly unpleasant taste.
By Derek Davis
We got off to a good start but when it went to 2-1 it got a bit dodgy for us but in the end 5-1 was a fair reflection.
We have had that bitter taste of defeat this season and the journey back from Barnsley was a particularly unpleasant taste.
It wasn't nice for Barnsley going back because at least they came to play and had a go at us but we played very well at times. Once we scored the two we got a bit sloppy and they got a foothold in the game and scored but then we took the chances.
You may also want to watch:
With the players we had like Jon, Frannie and Owen, who were all quite bright, we exploited them.
Lewis Price made a fantastic save at 1-0 to keep us in the game and we exploited them when they pushed forward to try and get something.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
A couple of weeks ago I challenged the players to win our remaining eight games and that is three notched off.
Ipswich Town manager Jim Magilton
It was a fantastic performance from the whole team. You can't ask for much more than 5-1.
I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get a goal, so I nearly took Frannie's. It was very good to get one though.
It was probably my best performance since I joined. I felt I linked well with the other players and create chances.”
Man of the Match Jon Walters
This is a setback but we are still confident we can get out trouble. We are looking to win all five games but three will probably be enough, we don't draw games so we have to win and I have no doubt in my mind that we will survive.
We lost individual battles against Ipswich but we now have to beat Birmingham at home and make sure we win all those battles.