What was Town's greatest-ever game?
IPSWICH Town fans are still purring after their team's 6-0 demolition of Bristol City on Saturday. It was certainly one of the most exciting Blues games in recent years - but what was THE most memorable game of all?We're asking Town supporters to name the best game in the club's history.
IPSWICH Town fans are still purring after their team's 6-0 demolition of Bristol City on Saturday. It was certainly one of the most exciting Blues games in recent years - but what was THE most memorable game of all?
We're asking Town supporters to name the best game in the club's history. There are certainly plenty to choose from in the rich and varied history of Ipswich Town Football Club!
Your favourite game might be one of the famous occasions which Town fans have enjoyed down the years. The FA Cup Final in 1978, for example, or the unforgettable UEFA Cup Final triumph three years later. Older fans might plump for a match from Alf Ramsey's incredible 1962 Division One Championship-winning season.
Or, coming more up to date, you might have fondest memories of the Play-off final at Wembley in 2000, when George Burley's team ended years of heartache. Or your favourite game might be the play-off semi-final from that same year, when Town beat Bolton in a sensational game, with a certain Jim Magilton scoring a hat-trick!
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps your best memories are of a game from the following season, when unfancied Town took the Premiership by storm, qualifying for Europe. Or maybe your favourite Blues game of all time is from one of the club's many European campaign, including places such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and, of course, the San Siro.
Or, just possibly, some people might choose a game against our yellow and green rivals from up the road; the Bryan Gunn gaffe, perhaps, or Megson's own goal, the Mathie hat-trick, or Danny Haynes's recent heroics?
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
Alternatively, you might choose a less renowned game from Town's past, perhaps a match in which your favourite player of the time performed heroics, or a game which holds a special, personal meaning for you.
Whichever match is your favourite, let us know.
Write to us on the form printed in the EADT and send it to: Town's Greatest Game, EADT Sport, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take entries up until Monday, November 19 and then we will reveal your choice as the best Town game ever, and also what we consider the best entrant and why.
There will be a prize for the winner, too.
So get thinking of those great Town games.