Whitton United targeting 10th-placed finish in Thurlow Nunn Division One
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Whitton United manager Steve Jay has targeted a 10th-placed finish in Thurlow Nunn Division One.
Jay has guided Whitton, who host rock-bottom Leiston on Saturday, to 12th position since taking over in November, when the team was struggling, just above the relegation zone.
Assisted by Whitton stalwart Robbie Knott, Jay said: “We set ourselves a 10th-place target, to get into the FA Cup positions, and we seem to heading in the right direction with a bit of organisation and discipline.
“The lads have got closer recently and the banter has been good. We had 15 at training on Tuesday, where at one time we were getting five or six.
“We’re not playing attractive football at the moment, but we are getting results.”
“More importantly, we are getting the required workrate from the players and Robbie deserves a mention because he does a lot of the coaching and has introduced new ideas.”
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking