Whitton United targeting 10th-placed finish in Thurlow Nunn Division One
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Whitton United manager Steve Jay has targeted a 10th-placed finish in Thurlow Nunn Division One.
Jay has guided Whitton, who host rock-bottom Leiston on Saturday, to 12th position since taking over in November, when the team was struggling, just above the relegation zone.
Assisted by Whitton stalwart Robbie Knott, Jay said: “We set ourselves a 10th-place target, to get into the FA Cup positions, and we seem to heading in the right direction with a bit of organisation and discipline.
“The lads have got closer recently and the banter has been good. We had 15 at training on Tuesday, where at one time we were getting five or six.
“We’re not playing attractive football at the moment, but we are getting results.”
You may also want to watch:
“More importantly, we are getting the required workrate from the players and Robbie deserves a mention because he does a lot of the coaching and has introduced new ideas.”
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first