Why should your pitch get a makeover?
SPORT enthusiasts across Suffolk and north Essex are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.
SPORT enthusiasts across Suffolk and north Essex are being invited to take part in a competition aimed at improving local football pitches.
Petrol lawn mower engine manufacturer Briggs & Stratton has launched the 'Pitch To Win' competition in conjunction with www.weekendwonders.co.uk , offering one lucky football team the opportunity to win a free pitch makeover worth up to �4,000.
Other prizes up for grabs for the winning team include a ride-on lawnmower worth �3,000 and a cheque for �1,000. The two runners up will each bag themselves cash prizes of �1,000 and �500 for team expenses.
The competition is open to anyone involved with a non-professional under 18's football club. Entrants will be asked to explain why their pitch deserves a makeover, provide accompanying photographs and also information about their team.
You may also want to watch:
A panel of judges, including groundsmen from two professional football clubs, will choose the winning pitches.
For more information on the competition and to enter visit www.pitchtowin.org.uk or call 01332 258335.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
The competition will run until Friday, March 27 2009.