Wilkins in pole position while the professionals take on Suffolk men on Sunday
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
The Suffolk PGA Winter League ends with the fifth and final event at Royal Worlington on April 3.
Brad Wilkins of Stonham Barns has 141 (best two rounds). His closest challengers are Andrew Collison (Bungay) 142, Keith Preston (Aldeburgh) 143, Neil Mitchell (Ipswich Golf Centre) 144, Will Farley (Rushmere) 145.
Leading scores at the last two rounds: Rushmere: 68: Preston. 72: Farley. 74: Wilkins, Mitchell, Tim Cooper (Newton Green). 76: Ali Hall (Halesworth). 78: James Markham (Aldeburgh).
Felixstowe Ferry: 72: Mitchell. 73: Wilkins, Farley. 74: Cooper. 75: Patrick Spraggs (Stonham Barns). 76: Preston. 78: Robert Joyce (Felixstowe Ferry). 79: Alex Davey (Stowmarket), Hall, Tony Dobson (Stonham Barns).
Craig Housden of Channels Golf Club was clear winner of the Essex PGA medal at Woodbridge with an excellent round of 68, He won by two shots from Matt King of Rayleigh Golf Range. Third with two over par 72 was Brett Taylor which puts him top of the Essex Order of Merit.
You may also want to watch:
The team event went down to the last putt as Matt Stables (Rivenhall Oaks) took the spoils with his team scoring 85 points to win by one point from Housden’s team. Newly-appointed Essex PGA captain Chris Cutchie (Colchester) took third place.
Meanwhile, a team of professionals, including tournament players Jamie Abbott, Sam Forgan and Alex Holmes will meet Jack Cardy’s Suffolk men’s team at Rushmere on Sunday (tee-off noon). Keith Preston and Lawrence Dodd have an 100% foursomes record to defend in this annual fixture.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
Suffolk have injury worries. Josh Cottrell has a sore neck but hopes to be fit. Warren Goddard and Chris Duffy are ruled out by knee injuries. Duffy has undergone surgery.
Suffolk (from): Jack Cardy, Gregor Tait, Josh Cottrell, Chris Bartrum, Josh Driver, James Biggs, Calvin Sherwood, Sam Byford, Paul Waring, Jamie Jones, Josh Robertson, Nathan Overton.
Professionals: Jamie Abbott, Chris Smith, Keith Preston, Lawrence Dodd, Alex Holmes, Patrick Spraggs, Sam Forgan, Joe Cardy, Peter Latimer, Will Farley.