Williams bemoans lack of consistency
Colchester United 1 Peterborough United 3By Carl MarstonCOLCHESTER United boss Geraint Williams admitted that his side had come “full circle” following a dismal FA Cup defeat at the hands of Peterborough.
Colchester United 1 Peterborough United 3
By Carl Marston
COLCHESTER United boss Geraint Williams admitted that his side had come “full circle” following a dismal FA Cup defeat at the hands of Peterborough.
Williams confessed: “There was the low of Blackpool (2-0 home defeat), then the great win at Charlton (2-1) and now we're back to this defeat.
You may also want to watch:
“We need to find a baseline. We can't keep putting in such fluctuating performances.
“I don't know whether playing at Layer Road is preying on the players' minds. We have to get to the bottom of it, because we can't keep under-performing at home.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 9 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 10 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
“I thought that Dean Gerken kept us in the game in the first-half, and the penalty then got us back in the game (Teddy Sheringham after 42 minutes). But again we didn't start positively in the second-half.
“Peterborough were excellent, but what's disappointing is that we didn't put up a better fight. I need a reaction, and not just at Bristol City in a week's time, but in training on Monday.
“We can't keep going up and down with our performances like this. I'm trying to bring in new players, but our league position is not helping,” added Williams.