Williams proud of spirited performance
Bristol City 1 Colchester United 1By Carl MarstonCOLCHESTER United boss Geraint Williams praised his team for a spirited performance at Ashton Gate, even though his side dropped to the bottom of the Championship.
Bristol City 1 Colchester United 1
By Carl Marston
COLCHESTER United boss Geraint Williams praised his team for a spirited performance at Ashton Gate, even though his side dropped to the bottom of the Championship.
The U's were good value for their 1-1 draw at Bristol City, although Williams felt that his side should have been awarded a last gasp penalty for a foul on Kevin Lisbie by Tamas Vaskos.
You may also want to watch:
Williams said: “I felt that it was a blatant penalty, and Kevin (Lisbie) certainly thinks that it was! Bristol had a couple of penalty shouts themselves, so I'm not complaining too much, although I thought that ours was more blatant.
“I'm proud of my players for their performance, but we're disappointed not to get the victory. Bristol City are a good footballing side, and we had to dig deep and stay committed.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
“We were very positive early on, and Kevin (Lisbie) took his goal well. It was all about his first touch. We knew that we would have to weather a storm, and so it proved,” added Williams.