Williams: Win is around the corner
By Carl MarstonCOLCHESTER United manager Geraint Williams believes that a victory and a clean-sheet are just around the corner, after his team were good value for a point in a 1-1 draw at Burnley.
By Carl Marston
COLCHESTER United manager Geraint Williams believes that a victory and a clean-sheet are just around the corner, after his team were good value for a point in a 1-1 draw at Burnley.
“Once again, the lads have come off the pitch disappointed that they have not won the game,” explained Williams.
“It was the same against Sheffield United the previous weekend. Today, I felt that we created the three best chances in the first-half, and were very unlucky to go in only drawing 1-1.
You may also want to watch:
“One slight mistake (from Chris Coyne) fell to the wrong man (Andy Cole), and we were punished. But our heads didn't go down.
“The lads know that they are in a relegation fight, and they are not hiding from it. Over the last month, I think that we have been defending very, very well, and I'm sure that a clean sheet is just around the corner,” added Williams.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
U's man-of-the-match John White, who had an outstanding game snuffing out the danger of winger Wade Elliott, enthused: “I think that we are getting there.
“The spirit is back in the squad again. If you didn't know it, then you wouldn't guess we were a team at the bottom. We are certainly not playing like a relegation-threatened team.”