Win for Bury
Football Bury Town 1 Ipswich Town XI 0The start of the match was delayed as more than 1,000 spectators piled into Ram Meadow. Both sides showed good pace early on and Cunningham volleyed a Chaplin cross past Plummer to give Bury a 19th-minute lead.
Bury Town 1
Ipswich Town XI 0
The start of the match was delayed as more than 1,000 spectators piled into Ram Meadow.
Both sides showed good pace early on and Cunningham volleyed a Chaplin cross past Plummer to give Bury a 19th-minute lead. The hosts might well have added a second just before the interval, but Plummer saved brilliantly from Miller's close-range header.
During the second half Bury came under increasing pressure and Barber was frequently in action in the home goal. He clawed away from Haynes and the palmed away from Clarke.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Haynes headed just over the bar and then Barber took the ball off the striker's feet as Bury hung on to their lead.