Winners of Lincoln City v Ipswich Town replay will host Brighton in FA Cup Fourth Round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The winners of next Tuesday’s FA Cup Third Round replay between Ipswich Town and Lincoln City, at Sincil Bank, will host Championship table-toppers Brighton in the round four.
Mick McCarthy’s men, who are stuttering in the Championship, twice had to come from behind to draw 2-2 with the impressive Imps, who are top of the National League, on Saturday.
Ipswich haven’t won an FA Cup tie since 2010, while Lincoln haven’t reached round four in 40 years.
Chris Hughton’s Brighton beat League One side MK Dons 2-0 at The Amex Stadium to progress. The Seagulls drew 0-0 at Portman Road back in September.
The Fourth Round ties will take place on the weekend of January 28/29. Should Ipswich progress then their league trip to Preston would have to be rescheduled.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Town lost 3-2 to Colchester United in an Under-23 game at a rain-soaked Playford Road this afternoon – all the goals coming in the first-half. Tommy O’Sullivan, on trial from Cardiff, put the U’s ahead with a fine free-kick before the impressive Femi Akinwande doubled their lead.
Adam McDonnell’s free-kick hit the post and went in off keeper Rhys Williams, then England Under-18 striker Ben Morris made it 2-2 against the run of play. Louis Dunne, son of former U’s boss Joe, stabbed home the winner.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 9 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
TOWN U23s: Hayes, Woolfenden, Webber, McDonnell, Fowler (c), Digby, Patterson, Blanchfield, Morris, McLoughlin, McKendry (Folami 67). Unused: Salaudeen, Wright, Robinson.