Bostik North: Wins for AFC Sudbury and Bury Town
AFC Sudbury grabbed a valuable three points on the road at Mildenhall Town in Bostik North this afternoon.
Mark Morsley’s side moved up to 15th in the table, courtesy of an early Joe Whight free-kick in the fourth minute, in front of 231 fans in West Suffolk.
Mildenhall, who now sit 18th in the table, did hit the bar in the second half, but that was as close as they came to an equaliser in the battle for local bragging rights.
Meanwhile, Bury Town claimed a 2-1 win over Soham Town Rangers at Ram Meadow and sit tenth in the table.
Tevan Allen gave the home side the lead after 57 minutes, nodding in a free-kick in front of a crowd of 273. Craig Gillies levelled for Rangers in the 71st minute, deftly lobbing home keeper Luis Tibbles.
You may also want to watch:
But Bury had the last laugh, Ollie Hughes grabbing the winner in the 78th minute with a fine header from another free kick.
It was Bury’s first win in 11 games.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death