Wish to see youngsters develop at Ipswich Town this season hasn’t come true
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Two weeks ago, I started to look back at my five wishes set out in a column at the start of the season.
My third such wish was to see Ipswich Town youngsters evolve and prosper in the first team.
I guess I was looking at the likes of Teddy Bishop, Josh Emmanuel, Myles Kenlock and Andre Dozzell to cement places in Mick McCarthy’s starting line-up.
Midfielder Bishop, of course, has had another season blighted with injuries and McCarthy has already admitted that it’s not been a season for England Under-18 international, Dozzell to develop in.
Emmanuel has been unlucky in that he’s been kept out of the side by firstly Luke Chambers, and then Jordan Spence at right-back.
You may also want to watch:
Kenlock for me has to be our permanent left-back next season but I think Mick will still favour the more experienced Jonas Knudsen.
I think that it’s fair to concede that another wish on my list has failed.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave