WATCH! Horror crash leaves Witches ace with broken ribs and out for weeks
- Credit: Steve Waller-www.stephenwaller.com
Ipswich Witches No.1 Jason Crump has been ruled out for at least two to three weeks with several broken ribs.
Crump crashed heavily at Wolverhampton on Monday night in a frightening heat 13 crash.
Leading the race, Crump clipped the inside kerb and flew into the air. He landed awkwardly and, although he got back to his feet quickly, he was clearly in pain.
He was diagnosed with broken ribs and will miss the Witches next three clashes. The Witches lost 28-62.
On Thursday, Scott Nicholls will guest for Crump as the Witches entertain King's Lynn.
Crump, 45, has returned to British Speedway and was in fine form at Foxhall last Thursday, where he top-scored in the win over Sheffield.
He was also the only Ipswich rider to win a heat at Wolverhampton before his big crash.
Crump is set to miss the Witches trip to Belle Vue on Monday and Thursday week's clash with Peterborough.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham