Witches are kept waiting over shield
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.
They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
Ipswich, who have 83 points to Eastbourne's 76 and Wolverhampton's 56 after the opening two legs, look as though they will be able to have Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris as guests for Pepe Protasiewicz (in dispute with the club) and Chris Louis (injured) as Coventry have no meeting scheduled.
The Premier League Fours event at Workington will rule out Daniel King and Steve Boxall.
You may also want to watch:
An Eastbourne spokesman said on Saturday: “The track took quite a downpour last night, and combined with some showers this morning and many weather forecasts predicting light to heavy rain early evening till tomorrow morning, the club made the decision to call off the meeting early to save away teams and supporters travelling.”
The meeting was quickly re-staged for this Saturday.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 9 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash