Witches at near full strength to face Newcastle
SPEEDWAY: Ipswich Witches will be without wonder kid Linus Sundstrom when they ride Newcastle in the promotion/relegation play-off final next week.
But apart from the young Swede who has regularly made double figure scores when doubling up from Rye House for the Witches, the Elite League club will be at full strength against their Premier League opponents.
The top five of Scott Nicholls, Chris Slabon, Daniel King, Ales Dryml and Robert Miskowiak have been programmed for the meeting at Brough Park on Sunday (start 6.30pm) and the second leg at Foxhall Stadium next Thursday (start 7.30pm).
Dawid Stachyra is down to ride in both meetings as well with Richie Hawkins his reserve partner on Sunday and Kozza Smith for the home meeting.
Ipswich are offering free entry to children Under-16 next Thursday – as long as they have a voucher from the Evening Star and are dressed in Halloween costume.
Witches director of speedway Chris Louis said: “We’re the Witches and this is the biggest meeting of our season as we battle to maintain our Elite League status.
“We have been warned that Newcastle won’t be taking this lightly so we need all the help we can get!
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 7 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
“It’s a bit of fun and all the kids who get involved will be invited to the infield at the interval for Witches skipper Danny King to pick the top three.
“They will each receiving a voucher to spend in Toy Attic, Heath Road, Ipswich - with the winner also being presented with a junior season ticket for 2011.”