Witches chasing Pole to complete team
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches are chasing Pole Piotr Swiderski to complete their 2008 Elite League speedway team.The 24-year-old is a Peterborough asset and achieved an average of 5.
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches are chasing Pole Piotr Swiderski to complete their 2008 Elite League speedway team.
The 24-year-old is a Peterborough asset and achieved an average of 5.19 with the Panthers last season.
He is surplus to requirements at the East of England showground this year, and Ipswich promoter John Louis is believed to have sounded out Peterborough at the weekend for permission to talk to the Rawicz-born rider.
You may also want to watch:
After naming their fifth and sixth riders last week - Steve Johnston and Chris Schramm - the Witches have 5.49 points to play with to complete their side.
Swiderski was a regular with the Panthers last season riding in 36 officials meetings and seeing his average rise from an assessed 4.00 at the start of the campaign.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 5 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 6 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 10 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
Reports suggest that Ipswich are close to a deal, and if so they will have three Poles in their side for the second year running.
Out have gone Marcin Rempala and Zibi Suchecki, with former Grand Prix star Jarek Hampel joining Robert Miskowiak as a certain starter.