Ipswich Witches duo are named as British Grand Prix reserves at Cardiff
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches will have two riders at the British GP as Danny King and Chris Harris line up as track reserves in Cardiff on September 21.
King, who dons the No.17 race jacket, finished second at the British Championship Final in Manchester on July 29, which saw Charles Wright win his first national title and the wild card for the Principality Stadium showdown.
After winning his British Championship in 2016, King competed in Cardiff, scoring seven points and winning his last race in fine style.
Harris, who wears No.18, needs little introduction to the Principality Stadium, where he famously scythed his way through the field in 2007 to win the British SGP and give the venue one of its most iconic speedway moments.
The triple British champion, who raced nine full seasons in the SGP series, finished fourth in this year's British Final and represented his country in the Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations Finals last month.
You may also want to watch:
It's a great boost for both riders and although they have no programmed rides, they could have to come in to race at any moment.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars