Witches have no wriggle room they simply have to win
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
The Witches have no wriggle room.
Quite simply, if they want to reach the Premier League play-offs this season they have to win their last three league meetings, at home to Berwick tonight, at Rye House on Saturday and against Peterborough next Thursday.
Unless Plymouth have an almighty wobble – which doesn’t look likely – the Witches have no room for manoeuvre.
And of course even if they do win all three, the ball is still very much in Plymouth Devils’ court.
So, at Foxhall Stadium tonight, expect a Witches win.
Opponents Berwick have an unfamiliar look about them with three guest riders – a situation that has been the bane of many clubs this season and infuriated fans . . . guests, guests, guests!
Already missing Mathias Thornblom and Claus Vissing through injury, Bandits skipper Kevin Doolan, pictured above, joined them after a pile-up at Berwick on Saturday night.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 4 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 5 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 6 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 7 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 8 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 9 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 10 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
Ipswich will also be missing riders with Danny King out injured with a back injury, Nico Covatti still out with a hand injury – it is hoped he will be back at Rye House – while Ashley Morris is on Elite League duty with King’s Lynn, Tero Aarnio will come in for him, while Ricky Wells guests for King.
The thought of defeat cannot even be contemplated.
Because if that was to occur, the Witches season would as good as be over.
Witches: 1 R Wells, 2 C Heeps, 3 G Manzares, 4 R Tungate, 5. R/R, 6 S Nielsen, 7 T Aarnio.
Tigers: 1 T Jorgensen, 2. C Garcia, 3 R/R, 4 T Pijper, 5 R Worrall, 6 L Bowen, 7 R Hall
Mike’s prediction: Witches 60 Bandits 30
Get involved in Kim’s Golf Day
Meanwhile the eighth Kim Jansson Golf Day takes place at Rushmere Golf Club on Friday, September 4.
The format for the golf day is teams of four best two to score on every hole,handicap max is 24. Tee times are available from 9am to 2pm.Cost is £25 for non members of Rushmere,£15 for members,prizes for the winning teams.
The fee includes a meal,green fee,and a donation to Charity/Charities that Kim is going to decide on(either on the day or later once the amount raised is known).
Once all teams are finished there will be a golf trick shot show by Kevin Carpenter,a supporter of the Witches and a loyal supporter of Kims Day,followed by the prize giving.
If companies/businesses want to sponsor a hole this will cost £50,their banners/flags/advertising literature is placed at the various tees/greens showing they have sponsored the hole.
To sponsor a hole or book a team for the golf,the contact is Juppy his contact details are email@example.com or any one can contact us all at the back straight on speedway nights up to the date of the golf day.
Kim will be in attendance.