Witches late show grabs all three points
Ipswich Witches 50 Sheffield Tigers 40
IPSWICH ‘Sackers’ Witches grabbed all three points after a thrilling comeback at Foxhall Stadium.
Three 5-1 maximums in the final three races saw the home side turn a two-point deficit into a 10-point victory, and keeps their hopes of finishing the Premier League season in second place in the table.
But a victory at all seemed a long way off during a meeting that saw the home side make all sorts of basic errors, as Sheffield kept their noses in front for the first half of the meeting.
Both Mat Tresarrieu and Jerran Hart failed to score a point for the home side, but Kevin Doolan, Lasse Bjerre and Morten Risager were all on good form and it was Doolan and Bjerre who rocketed to two maximums in heats 13 and 15 to seal the three points and means if the Witches win at Workington on Saturday night, they will finish in second place in the Premier League table.
You may also want to watch:
Full story, quotes and pictures in Friday’s Evening Star and EADT
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic