Witches looking to bounce back
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches will be looking to bounce back tonight when they ride at lowly Wolverhampton in the Elite League.Wolves are bottom of the table and have already lost six times at Monmore Green.
IPSWICH Evening Star Witches will be looking to bounce back tonight when they ride at lowly Wolverhampton in the Elite League.
Wolves are bottom of the table and have already lost six times at Monmore Green.
The Witches won on their last visit in a gripping meeting that was televised live. But they were beaten earlier in the season when going out of the Knock Out Cup at the earliest possible stage.
Wolves were close to picking up their first away win of the season at Coventry on Friday before slipping away in the later stages.
Ipswich are programmed to be at full strength, which would mean a welcome return for Jarek Hampel, whose illness that saw him miss the big defeat at Lakeside on Friday was not too serious.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
And after a narrow loss at Swindon the previous night, Ipswich could do with three points tonight to keep their play-off hopes very much alive.
Wolves will be without the injured Christian Hefenbrock and will use the rider replacement facility to cover for him. With weak looking reserves Wolves may struggle to fill in for the German if the visiting riders are at their best.
Home skipper Freddie Lindgren said: “We are desperately in need of a win and we shall be going for it. I feel the next win will put us back on the right track.”
Much will depend on Piotr Swiderski carrying on his wonderful 2008 form, while Robert Miskowiak and Steve Johnston have been struggling away in recent meetings and are due a better performance with hints of team changes in the Witches camp from August 1.
Wolverhampton: F Lindgren, A Dryml, N-K Iversen, Rider replacement, D Howe, N Klindt, K Hansen.
Ipswich: P Swiderski, Rider replacement, J Hampel, S Johnston, R Miskowiak, T Kroner, Chris Schraam.