Witches management duo Louis and Hawkins talk to us about the Ipswich team they have put together. Can they win the title?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Chris Louis and Ritchie Hawkins are hoping their hard work in the winter will pay dividends as the Ipswich Witches gun for Championship glory in 2017.
At the Witches press day on Monday, the two were happy to chat about their hopes for the season ahead.
For too many years now the team have failed to lift a trophy and although the Championship looks a tough league, hopes are high this could be the Witches year.
The Suffolk side begin their Championship chase this Saturday night at Foxhall Stadium when they entertain Sheffield Tigers.
Both teams are being tipped as favourites for at least a play-off place this season, where the winners of the Championship will ride the bottom club in the Premiership for the right to ride in the Premiership in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
The Witches team of 2017 is: Danny King (England), Cameron Heeps (Australia), Rory Schlein (Australia), Kyle Newman (England), Nico Covatti (Argentina), Connor Mountain (England) and Danyon Hume (England).
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week