Witches need to be wary of the Rockets – Hilton
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches team boss Phil Hilton has told his team to be wary of Thursday’s opponents at Foxhall, Rye House Rockets.
The Hoddesdon club currently sit top of the League Cup South group and know a draw at Foxhall tonight would put them into the semi-finals.
But Rye House have endured a mixed start to the season, as Hilton knows.
“I went to watch Rye House on Saturday at home to Sheffield and Sheffield won easily,” he said.
“But this is a Rye House team who have already won at Peterborough and Plymouth. They are difficult to work out.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to just concentrate on our game and we not only need to win – but by more than six points. We don’t want them to take anything away from Foxhall.”
The Witches will make a late decision on Gino Manzares who was injured at Foxhall last week. With the League Cup group so tight, it would be foolish to risk him were he not 100% fit.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“Our home form has been very good up to now,” Hilton added.
“Gino is taking a late fitness test. I saw him at Mildenhall on Sunday and he was struggling to lift his arm. But we’ll see.”
Rye House have lost the services of Steve Boxall, who was injured on Saturday – they will use rider replacement for him, with Robin Aspegren and the two reserves able to take his rides.
Friday night the Witches travel to Plymouth, without Danny King and Stefan Nielsen in their final group meeting.
Should the Witches beat the Rockets however, they will still need a draw or win to qualify for the semi-finals.
Witches: D King, R Hawkins, G Manzares or R/R, C Heeps, R Tungate, S Nielsen, N Covatti.
Rye House: E Kennett, R Aspegren, A Mellgren, R/R, N B Jakobsen, R Branford, A Edberg.
Mike’s prediction: Witches 53 Rockets 37
League Cup South
Rye House 7 17
Peterborough 7 13
Ipswich 6 12
Somerset 7 11
Plymouth 7 4