Witches on board with new sponsorship deal
SPEEDWAY: Ipswich Witches have tied up a new team sponsor for 2011.
Local recycling and total waste management company Sackers, who are based at Great Blakenham, just outside Ipswich, are to take over as full team sponsors.
It’s a massive boost to the Witches, who appear determined to make their move into the Premier League a successful one, bringing the crowds back to Foxhall after a couple of dour recent years in the Elite League.
Witches director Chris Louis said: “Our change of league and new team has already been given the seal of approval and support of our fans, so to have now gained the backing of such a successful local company as Sackers Recycling is a massive boost to the club and the team.
“I’m really looking forward to working together with Adrian and David Dodds, directors of the company.
You may also want to watch:
“They have already made it clear that this is very much about supporting the team and the town which is so refreshing, and highlights for me what this season is going to be all about at Foxhall. “
Sackers are one of the largest independent metal and waste recycling companies in the region.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
And director Adrian Dodds said: “Just like Sackers Recycling, Ipswich Witches are very well known and been associated with Ipswich for many years and this is why we feel the partnership will be to the benefit of supporters, the team and our company.
“Ipswich is the connection between Sackers Recycling and the Witches and we feel that by sponsoring the Witches we are not only supporting the team but more importantly the town.”