Witches on board with new sponsorship deal
SPEEDWAY: Ipswich Witches have tied up a new team sponsor for 2011.
Local recycling and total waste management company Sackers, who are based at Great Blakenham, just outside Ipswich, are to take over as full team sponsors.
It’s a massive boost to the Witches, who appear determined to make their move into the Premier League a successful one, bringing the crowds back to Foxhall after a couple of dour recent years in the Elite League.
Witches director Chris Louis said: “Our change of league and new team has already been given the seal of approval and support of our fans, so to have now gained the backing of such a successful local company as Sackers Recycling is a massive boost to the club and the team.
“I’m really looking forward to working together with Adrian and David Dodds, directors of the company.
“They have already made it clear that this is very much about supporting the team and the town which is so refreshing, and highlights for me what this season is going to be all about at Foxhall. “
Sackers are one of the largest independent metal and waste recycling companies in the region.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
And director Adrian Dodds said: “Just like Sackers Recycling, Ipswich Witches are very well known and been associated with Ipswich for many years and this is why we feel the partnership will be to the benefit of supporters, the team and our company.
“Ipswich is the connection between Sackers Recycling and the Witches and we feel that by sponsoring the Witches we are not only supporting the team but more importantly the town.”