Panthers v Witches.... MATCH OFF!
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Peterborough Panthers have made an early decision to call of tomorrow night’s clash with Ipswich Witches.
Ipswich Witches’ clash at Peterborough tomorrow night is off.
Peterborough bosses have taken an early decision to postpone the clash, the club have acted on of the advice of several weather forecasts, which all indicate that persistent rain is expected during the afternoon and evening.
They have therefore called the meeting off to prevent inconvenience for all parties.
A new date for the match, which is still a significant one for the Panthers, is to be confirmed.
Although Lakeside wrapped up top spot in the Southern group with their 45-44 win at Ipswich on Saturday, the semi-final place for the best group runners-up could still be available for the Panthers if they defeat the Witches in the re-staging.
The Witches entertain Newcastle in their opening Championship clash on Thursday night at Foxhall Stadium, but will be without Nico Covatti, who has damaged ribs and is set for a spell on the sidelines.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
The Witches have yet to win a meeting this year.