Witches OFF! Ipswich play-off date changed after Swindon postponement
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches’ home leg of the Premiership Play-Off final scheduled for Thursday 10th October has been postponed to allow the second semi-final to run on that night.
Swindon Robins were due to race the Wolverhampton Wolves in the semi-final tonight at the Abbey, but the clash was postponed due to the bad weather.
The Robins will now travel to Monmore Green on Monday 7th October before hosting the second leg on Thursday 10th October.
A new date for the home leg of the final at Foxhall Stadium has not been announced as yet.
The Witches got through to the final after a stunning victory over Poole in the semi-final where they pulled back a 10-point deficit to run out victors.
You may also want to watch:
The Witches last won the sport's top title (then Elite League) back in 1998, when they won the treble.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project