Ipswich Witches bring in Kennett to replace struggling Bellego
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches have made a team change, bringing in Edward Kennett in place of David Bellego.
Frenchman Bellego has struggled for consistency during his opening meetings as a Witches rider, scoring just 55 points in 13 meetings at an average of just 4.40.
Bellego's final meeting as a Witch saw him score five points from five rides in Thursday night's 49-41 victory over Peterborough, with Kennett set to make his debut when Swindon Robins visit next Thursday.
"We felt that we needed to be stronger on the smaller tracks and David is struggling to improve his form on those tracks," promotor Chris Louis said.
"Unfortunately, time and averages dictated that we could not afford to give him any more time.
You may also want to watch:
"David has been great to work with and we wish him all the best of luck for the rest of the season."
Kennett, who rides for Eastbourne in the Championship, was twice crowned British Under-21 champion and has been a league winner with Coventry in the top-flight. He has experience at the top level too having appeared in three Grand Prix and represented Great Britain in the World Cup.
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired