Witches win but it’s a night of carnage at Foxhall
Ipswich Witches 41 Rye House Rockets 33
THREE riders were taken to hospital as Ipswich and Rye House opened their seasons at Foxhall Stadium.
Taylor Poole, Chris Neath and Morten Risager were all taken to hospital after a night of horror crashes.
In the end Ipswich won 41-33, with the meeting abandoned after heat 12, but it was not a pleasant experience for a good-sized crowd who will be hoping that is as bad as it gets crash-wise at Foxhall this season.
As for the meeting, both Ipswich reserves Cameron Heeps and Rohan Tungate rode well, as did Dakota North and Kevin Doolan, while Leigh Lanham served Rye House well.
You may also want to watch:
But this was a meeting remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Poole suffered a nasty arm injury, while Risager was complaining of side pains and Neath was also taken to hospital after crashing into partner Ritchie Hawkins.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence