Woodbridge: Cup win completes double in Farlingaye schoolboys’ first year together
- Credit: Archant
A school football team is celebrating winning the cup in their debut season together.
The year seven boys football team at Farlingaye High School, in Woodbridge, lifted the Suffolk County Cup final with a convincing 6-0 victory against Mildenhall.
The boys, who are all in their first year at the school, also won their league earlier in the season, finishing in the last 64 nationally.
Their league and cup success follows a double celebration for two of the school’s rugby teams.
The girls’ year 10 team was only formed in the last year but triumphed in the County Cup, beating Copleston in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the year 10 boys also won the county tournament. They only conceded one try and scored more than 200 points.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?