Woodbridge: Cup win completes double in Farlingaye schoolboys’ first year together
- Credit: Archant
A school football team is celebrating winning the cup in their debut season together.
The year seven boys football team at Farlingaye High School, in Woodbridge, lifted the Suffolk County Cup final with a convincing 6-0 victory against Mildenhall.
The boys, who are all in their first year at the school, also won their league earlier in the season, finishing in the last 64 nationally.
Their league and cup success follows a double celebration for two of the school’s rugby teams.
The girls’ year 10 team was only formed in the last year but triumphed in the County Cup, beating Copleston in the final.
Meanwhile, the year 10 boys also won the county tournament. They only conceded one try and scored more than 200 points.
- 1 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 2 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 5 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women