Woodbridge School hosts Suffolk Schools Series B Cross Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
I spent a cold but pleasant few hours at Woodbridge School, watching the best young runners in our region take part in the annual Suffolk Schools Series ‘B’ Cross Country Championships today.
The top 40 runners from each age group in the Series ‘A’ Championships, held at Ipswich High School at the beginning of last month, were invited to take part in today’s event.
There was some excellent running, over what was a very tough course, featuring several testing climbs and a few twists and tight turns, all within the grounds of Woodbridge School.
There were some very impressive winners on the day, including another storming run from the highly-rated Ruby Vinton in the junior girls’ race, and an equally comfortable win for Lewis Sullivan in the junior boys’ section.
Likewise, April Hill was away and clear in the intermediate girls’ race, as was Tom Henson in the intermediate boys’ event.
You may also want to watch:
Philippa Unthank triumphed in the first race, the senior girls age group, again by a big margin.
A full report and results will appear in a future ‘On the Run’ column by early next week, accompanied by a selection of photographs and more videos.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk