Woodbridge Town 2 Team Bury 1 match report - Mark Ray double gives Woodpeckers win
- Credit: Archant
Thurlow Nunn Division One Woodbridge Town 2 Team Bury 1 Woodbridge Town fought back from a goal down to maintain their 100% record in the league this season, Mark Ray scoring his fifth and sixth goals of the campaign, ex-Woodpecker Josh Dowsing scoring Team Bury’s goal on his first appearance for the club.
George Bowman’s free kick after 5 minutes was met by Ray but after his effort hit the bar but was ruled out for offside and he headed just over from Kelsey Trotter’s cross a minute later.
Tommy Robinson’s shot was deflected for a corner after 20 minutes for the away side. Trotter’s shot was well saved by away keeper Lewis Hamilton after 23 minutes and on the half hour Ray’s powerful shot went inches wide of the post for the Woodpeckers. Bowman’s corner after 31 minutes was headed towards goal by Taylor Southgate but it was cleared off the line by the resolute away defence.
Team Bury took the lead after 41 minutes when Robinson’s accurate cross was met by Dowsing who finished superbly from an acute angle on the volley.
Ray’s blistering effort from 20 yards gave Hamilton no chance after 47 minutes to make it 1-1 and a minute later from Dale Hammond’s cross, Trotter headed over the bar.
You may also want to watch:
Trotter’s through ball after 71 minutes found Ray and his shot easily beat Hamilton and he made it 2-1 with a clinical finish as the home side dominated.
Trotter’s lob was cleared off the line after 76 minutes and after 83 minutes his shot just missed the target from Ryan Keeble’s pass. Ray efforts after 86, 87 and 90 minutes again came close but a deserved Woodpeckers victory against a well organised away side.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 9 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
Woodbridge: Stronge, Hammond, Makris, Southgate, Green, Scopes, Trotter, Rea (Capt), Ray, Bowman, Keeble, Subs: Holmes for Hammond 71 Mins, Greggor for Southgate 71 Mins, Langfield for Bowman 88 Mins, Unused: Naylor.
Teamn Bury: Lewis, Hamilton, O’Donoghue, Hall, Wegg, Taurean Hamilton, Gillies (Capt), Dowsing, Chalk, Tuwizana, Steet, Robinson, Subs: Revell, Holland, Stannard, Way.
Referee: Tristen Watson, assistants: David Fairhurst, Leon Howard.