Woodbridge Town retain Suffolk U18s Sunday Cup on a successful day of Youth Cup finals at Kirkley & Pakefiel
- Credit: Archant
Woodbridge Town retained their Suffolk FA Boys’ Under-18 Sunday Cup title at this season’s Youth Cup Finals Day.
The Woodpeckers eased to a 4-0 victory over Framlingham Town in the final which was the climax to a successful occasion at Kirkley & Pakefield FC on Sunday.
A total of nine finals were staged across the day and AFC Sudbury were victorious in two of the three they were represented in.
The club won both the Under-16 Boys’ Final, where they beat Bury Town 2-0, and the Under-13 Boys’ Final, equalising in the last minute against Woodbridge Town after trailing 1-0 for most of the match, before winning 5-4 on penalties.
However, Whitton United, last season’s under-13 champions, defeated AFC Sudbury 2-1 in this season’s Under-14 final sponsored by Vitavia Garden Products Ltd.
You may also want to watch:
The biggest winners of the day were Felixstowe & Walton United, who defeated Ransomes Sports 5-0 in their first appearance in the final of the Under-15 Boys’ Minor Cup.
In the Under-12 Boys’ Final, Lakenheath required extra-time before seeing off the challenge of Cornard Dynamos 6-3.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Beccles Town edged a five-goal final versus Ipswich Valley Rangers in the Girls’ Under-12 Cup, while Waveney Lionesses won the Girls’ Under-14 Cup for the second time in five years.
In The Girls’ Under-15 Final sponsored by Vitavia Garden Products Ltd, Thurston had to come from 1-0 down to defeat Kirkley & Pakefield 3-1.
Under-12 Boys’ Cup Final: Lakenheath Youth 6 Cornard Dynamos 3 aet.
Under-13 Boys’ Cup Final: Woodbridge Town 1 AFC Sudbury 1 aet – AFC Sudbury won 5-4 on pens.
Under-14 Boys’ Cup Final sponsored by Vitavia Garden Products Ltd: AFC Sudbury 1 Whitton Utd 2.
Under-15 Boys’ Cup Final: Ransomes Sports 0 Felixstowe & Walton Utd 5.
Under-16 Boys’ Cup Final: AFC Sudbury 2 Bury Town 0.
Under-18 Boys’ Cup Final: Framlingham Town 0 Woodbridge Town 4.
Under-12 Girls’ Cup Final: Beccles Town 3 Ipswich Valley Rangers 2.
Under-14 Girls’ Cup Final: Waveney Lionesses 4 East Bergholt Utd 0.
Under-15 Girls’ Cup Final sponsored by Vitavia Garden Products Ltd: Thurston 3 Kirkley & Pakefield 1.