Woodbridge Town top Thurlow Nunn Division One after 6-1 Needham Market win
- Credit: Archant
Woodbridge Town top Thurlow Nunn Division One after winning their first two league games, scoring 13 goals in the process.
Their second win of the season came after a 6-1 home win against a young Needham Market Reserves team.
Last season’s leading scorer, Mark Ray, gave the hosts the lead on 21 minutes, converting from the penalty spot after Matt Mackenzie was upended in the area.
Ryan Keeble doubled the Woodpeckers’ lead on 29 minutes after latching on to George Bowman’s pass.
Needham pulled a goal back on 38 minutes when McCrory netted for the visitors, but Mackenzie had put Woodbridge back in control by half-time, finishing from Sean Rea’s superb pass.
You may also want to watch:
Baden Holmes added a fourth and substitute Kelsey Trotter scored a fifth.
Keeble neeted a sixth for Town before Needham goalkeeper Shorten was forced off with nine minutes to go with an arm injury, and was replaced by Ryan Last.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth