Woolfenden signs new Ipswich Town deal until 2022
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Luke Woolfenden has become the latest Ipswich Town youngster to sign an extended contract with the club.
The 20-year-old defender – who has spent much of this season on loan at League Two side Swindon Town – has penned a deal until 2022, with a year option on top.
Woolfenden progressed through the Blues’ academy ranks before making his Town debut in the Carabao Cup win at Luton last season and he has gone to make five appearances for the first team.
He joins fellow academy graduates Teddy Bishop, Jack Lankester, Ben Morris and Harry Wright in signing new contracts over the last two months, while Brett McGavin, Kai Brown and Idris El Mizouni have all signed their first professional contracts at the club in that time too.
IN LAST YEAR (WITHOUT EXTENSION OPTION)
You may also want to watch:
IN LAST YEAR (WITH EXTENSION OPTION)
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
Gerken, Chambers, Ward, Adeyemi, Spence, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Woolfenden, C.Smith
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2020
Skuse, Edwards, Harrison, Roberts, Dozzell, Downes, Rowe, Sears, McGavin
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2021
Bialkowski, Nsiala, Nolan, Jackson, Huws, Folami, Cotter, Nydam, Drinan, Morris, Wright, Donacien, El Mizouni, Bishop, K Brown
CONTRACTED UNTIL 2022
LOANS FOR SEASON
Pennington, Chalobah, Elder, Keane, Quaner, Bree