World-class squash player Laura Massaro coming to Ipswich for exhibition event
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
World number 4 squash player Laura Massaro will be in action in Ipswich, next weekend, Sunday, September 17.
The former world number one, who was born in Great Yarmouth, will be taking part in a world class exhibition at Ipswich Sports Club featuring Ipswich-born Lucy Turmel, the 17-year-old, who recently won her first England cap.
The duo will be interacting with local school children and budding players at the event, and will also go up against each other in a special exhibition match, which will start at 3pm.
The event is being supported by the club’s Squash Futures Fund.
Funded by member contributions, the fund has two main aims; to provide support for the club’s talented juniors, and develop grass roots squash mainly by working closely with schools.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are free to Sports Club members and more information can be obtained by contacting 07803 003215.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster