Worthington sacked by Norwich
NIGEL Worthington has this evening been sacked by Norwich City as their manager.Worthington was shown the door after the Canaries slumped to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Burnley in the Coca-Cola Championship.
NIGEL Worthington has this evening been sacked by Norwich City as their manager.
Worthington was shown the door after the Canaries slumped to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Burnley in the Coca-Cola Championship.
Worthington, who had been manager for nearly six years, had been given an ultimatum earlier in the week from club majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.
A statement in the wake of the 3-1 defeat at Plymouth said that they expected the situation “to be rectified” in the next two fixtures - at home to Burnley today and away to Queens Park Rangers.
But after this afternoon's embarrassing 4-1 reverse to Burnley, it was decided to dispense with the services of the former Northern Ireland international.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business