Worthington sacked by Norwich
NIGEL Worthington has this evening been sacked by Norwich City as their manager.Worthington was shown the door after the Canaries slumped to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Burnley in the Coca-Cola Championship.
NIGEL Worthington has this evening been sacked by Norwich City as their manager.
Worthington was shown the door after the Canaries slumped to a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of Burnley in the Coca-Cola Championship.
Worthington, who had been manager for nearly six years, had been given an ultimatum earlier in the week from club majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.
A statement in the wake of the 3-1 defeat at Plymouth said that they expected the situation “to be rectified” in the next two fixtures - at home to Burnley today and away to Queens Park Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
But after this afternoon's embarrassing 4-1 reverse to Burnley, it was decided to dispense with the services of the former Northern Ireland international.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 3 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 8 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop