Wright to defend major Ipswich darts title
DARTS: Saturday night sees the climax of the Daniel/Green Ipswich Darts Grand Prix with holder Peter Wright having lead the list of qualifiers.
After 10 weeks of competition in which a total of 105 players have entered, the top eight will be in action for a top prize of �900 at the Bridgeward Social Club, Austin Street, Ipswich.
The finals include four past winners with the draw (with qualification position) as follows: Peter Wright (1) v Robbie Morling (8), Kevin Harris (4) v David Mayhew (5), Andy Honeyman (3) v Scott Lawrie (6), Andrew Gilding (2) v Nicky Bloom (7). The playing format is 501 best of seven legs throughout.
Matches will commence at 6.40pm with a total of �2,400 prize money.
Wright won week 10 after beating Honeyman in the final. The losing semi-finalists were Gilding and Wayne Hammond.
You may also want to watch:
Finals night will also include the 100% attendance competition shoot-out for players who did not make the top 16 but attended every week. This is between Mick Wooltorton and James Druitt.
The afternoon will see players who finished ninth to 16th compete with prize money of �140 to the winner.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
The draw for this is: Wayne Hammond (9) v Curtis Hammond (16), Mark Woodger (12) v Steffan Morling (13), Kevin French (11) v Adrian Genery (14), Peter Green (10) v Marc Patrick (15).
Doors open at 1pm and entry is free for spectators with hot and cold snacks available.