Yaya says City 'not important' enough
YAYA Toure's agent has warned the midfielder could leave Barcelona next summer - but ruled out a switch to Manchester City. (The Sun)Dmitri Seluk, Toure's representative, said: "If he leaves he'll not go to City, where his brother Kolo said he would be welcomed with open arms.
YAYA Toure's agent has warned the midfielder could leave Barcelona next summer - but ruled out a switch to Manchester City. (The Sun)
Dmitri Seluk, Toure's representative, said: "If he leaves he'll not go to City, where his brother Kolo said he would be welcomed with open arms. He would sign for a more important club."
The news will alert Manchester United and Arsenal - who could battle for the �15m rated player this summer. (Daily Star)
Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are interested in the holding midfielder who has been left on the bench for most of this season by boss Pep Guardiola.
He has appeared only four times in the Spanish League, despite signing a new three-year contract in the summer, and has now decided he wants to quit the Nou Camp.
Toure has been linked with a move to Arsenal for the last 18 months, but has always decided to stay in Spain.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
But now that he wants out, the news has alerted the Gunners and United, as well as Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan.
He has ruled out joining his brother at Eastlands because he is keen to sign for an established Champions League side.
Ideally, Toure would want to quit in January, but no club will take him then because he will miss up to six weeks with
Ivory Coast at the African Cup of Nations. As a result, Arsenal and United will wait until the summer to try to clinch a
Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk has admitted that Toure is unhappy and confirmed interest from a number of English clubs.
He said: “He is unhappy because he has not been playing. His situation is rare and we do not understand why he was asked to sign a new deal.
“We do respect the decisions of the coaches but if Yaya does not play I have offers on the table from eight clubs around the world. In this list are some English.
“If he does leave Barca he will not go to Manchester City but to somewhere else.”