Yeovil Town v Colchester United: U’s boss John McGreal targeting a first away win
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, is hoping that his side can build on Tuesday night’s first away point of the season, a 2-2 draw at Grimsby, with a first victory on the road at Yeovil this Saturday.
Speaking at this lunchtime’s press conference, following the morning training session at Florence Park, McGreal said: “Having got that first away point, we want to get an away win now.
“I saw a different type of performance from my team on Tuesday, although we didn’t quite manage the win.
“There were a little bit more grit and determination about the team.
“In the previous four away matches, we had tried to go out and play our way, and again we had a great start, which we have managed so often in games this season.
You may also want to watch:
“We got the early goal (Kyel Reid’s fifth minute opener), but we couldn’t keep it for long,” added McGreal.
The U’s boss confirmed that captain Tom Lapslie would return after a one-match suspension, incurred for five bookings, while he was hopeful that striker Brandon Hanlan would shrug off an ongoing groin problem.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
Defender Tom Eastman faces a fitness test on a sore hamstring, which caused him to miss the trip to Blundell Park.